Support for environmental and sustainability professional learning can be found via:
- Acting Green - Guidelines for sustainable drama practice and drama teaching - prepared by Drama Australia published in 2011.
- Brewongle EEC - located in Sackville North, Brewongle EEC offer a range of professional learning courses throughout the year covering science and technology, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives, geography and sustainability as a cross-curriculum priority.
- Centennial Parklands Professional Development Courses for 2018. The Parkland's Education team offer professional development and training to enable individuals and organisations to learn the skills, knowledge and attitudes to connect children in their own settings. Training themes include adventure in outdoor learning, the outdoor classroom, elemental play (fire, water, air), creativity and imagination outdoors, nature pedagogy. More information
- Cool Australia's Online Professional Development Courses - Cool Australia is an award winning, not-for-profit organisation that provides a range of BOSTES-accredited short online courses for early childhood, primary and secondary teachers. The online courses support the integration of sustainability and real-life learning in the Early Years Learning Framework and the Australian Curriculum.
- Environmental Education Centres - Visit your local website for further professional learning opportunities.
- Field of Mars EEC - located in East Ryde, Field of Mars run a range of professional learning courses year round, the majority of which are accredited with NESA.
- Kids Teaching Kids is a free, national, peer teaching program that uses the environment and sustainability as a theme and focus for learning. To find out more, including information about the upcoming Sydney professional learning and exclusive Sydney Airport and Qantas schools tours email email@example.com
- My PL@Edu - A professional learning management system by the NSW Department of Education and Communities (DEC).
- Outdoor Connections Australia is NESA accredited to provide professional development related to outdoor learning for primary school and early childhood teachers. Courses are suitable for teachers maintaining Proficient Teacher status. All workshops involve a combination of place-based pedagogical theory and practice, with a majority of the time spent outdoors engaged in outdoor learning hands on activities.