Sustainable Schools NSW (SS NSW) is managed by the Australian Association for Environmental Education NSW Chapter.
Sustainable Schools NSW is a central hub to help schools learn, do and celebrate a whole school approach towards sustainability: on campus, in curriculum and through culture.
We connect school communities through:
- programs, professional development, resources and delivery providers to support sustainable practices.
- state and regional sustainability networks to build capacity, share learnings and celebrate achievements.
- a collaborative interface between educators, organisations, businesses and government entities to foster environmental stewardship across NSW.
Thousands of schools and teachers throughout New South Wales are members of the growing Sustainable Schools NSW network. Join Sustainable Schools NSW.
Sustainable Schools NSW supports the sustainability cross-curriculum priority for the NSW Syllabus and Australian curriculum. Search for sustainability focussed learning resources.
Sustainable Schools NSW is part of the national Australian Sustainable Schools initiative (AuSSI).
Partner with us
Sustainable Schools NSW is in an exciting time of growth. We’re looking for aligned partners who can go with us on the journey of enabling all schools in NSW to connect, collaborate and inspire a sustainable future for all! Contact us to find out more and request a copy of our Partnership Prospectus.
Sustainable Schools NSW is partnering with MIDWASTE Regional Waste Forum to deliver Green Leaders, a student-led waste education program with students and teachers on the mid-north coast NSW. Green Leaders provides real-world learning opportunities for students and educators to take action to reduce their waste and improve their school environment.
Remember, doing your bit for the environment is all part of the bigger picture of achieving a sustainable future.
- Read the Environmental Education policy for all NSW government schools
- Discover links in the Australian Curriculum, Sustainability - Cross-curriculum priority (ACARA)
- Read the Sustainability curriculum framework
- Find out more in the research report: Education for Sustainability and the Australian Curriculum (AESA)
- For Catholic schools, visit Catholic Earthcare Australia
- Connect, share and learn with other teachers and schools across the state
- Be part of the Australian Association for Environmental Education